I'm an IndiBlogger

Monday 10 October 2011

All Saints Garrison Church (CNI), Lucknow

Holy Altar

Choir Pews & Presbyter's chair on Left
(the wooden lectern with white Cross is a very recent addition, it is now used instead of the pulpit)
Another view of the choir pews with the Lectern and chair (on right) used by the lay leader
Solid wooden pews (typical to old Anglican churches) with one of the side entrance

The other side entrance

Main entrance (its hardly used now) with a balcony over it

The church ceiling

Side view

 
Another side view

 Side Corridor with vestry (not visible here) at the left end

Cottages in the church compound

Reverend Daniel Subhan, Presbyter (CNI - Diocese of Lucknow)
A sincere worker in the vineyard of the Lord



5 comments:

  1. I visited the church compound on Friday, April 27, 2012. I stopped to take a picture of the church but was disappointed to find that the spot where the first alter was constucted was still without the stone that gave its history. Several years ago I asked Revd Subhan about the stone and he said it was in his possession. History is important even if it is British Indian history... George Shepherd, Lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr. Shepherd for your comment. Before leaving Lucknow for my Graduation and Job in 2000 I used to visit All Saints Garrison sometimes for the Sunday Services. I am not aware of the stone that you are referring to. But it certainly is now on my list next time I visit Lucknow and see what can be done to put it back. Checked your blog, loved it. Thanks for sharing the La Martiniere memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revd Subhan thank you for the prompt and positive reply. I didn't know you had moved out of Lucknow. I had the opportunity of meeting you when you presided at a funeral on 1st Jan. I hope you are successful in locating the said stone. Our, my wife you had occasion to meet at Christ Church College over the years, best wishes,
    George Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Shepherd The comment was not from Rev. Subhan. My name is Nikhil Katyal. I am a Lucknow-wala now settled in Mumbai. Sorry for the confusion. I should have introduced myself properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. qun pattharo ki talash kartey ho khuda k ghar mein, jab bhi jamin par khuda ne nazar ki wahi se history shuru ho gayi the great ex: birth of Christ the starting of new Era called AD.
    ek bar phir kehta hum mat khojo is duniya mein duniya ki banayi cheezo ko, jab khuda tumharey paas hai phir qun dukh ka ehsaas hai.

    ReplyDelete